CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mid-morning Madness at the Maidan

Last night, I basically spent a bazillion hours at a local pub where I met an awesome Sufi-centric-cum-engineering guy that will let me [crossing my fingers] crash at his place next time I visit Kolkata. Plane journey + super cheap Tiger + mental stimulation = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... Holy crap! Gotta catch train to Chennai in four hours!! Must take full advantage of Kolkata ... thus ran to the Maidan, often called "the Lungs of Kolkata". If these are the lungs, then Kolkata needs a major nebulizer. Dust, beggars, and litter. Half-burned grass. Japanese tourists saying "cheese" (chee-za-ru). In all of this madness, I found a quiet lil spot under a banyan tree. For one minuscule second, I felt what Buddha felt.


share on: facebook

0 comments: