CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!

Last night was perhaps one of the coldest nights I've experienced in my life... and guess what... it was in South India!! Ooty is about 2500 meters (thats about 7500 feet for Americans) above sea level. Though the plains and the coast are sweltering hot, Ooty and the Nilgiris are remarkably cold. Daytime temperature is perfect ... brisk, slight sunshine, and cool breeze. But as soon as night fell, I thought I'd lose a toe from hypothermia. I had a kind German fellow-traveler keeping me warm at night, though I shivered under 5 blankets.
The main reason of course is the region's lack of heating system. Second reason... i friggin didn't expect subzero temps in South India!


share on: facebook

0 comments: