CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Blue Mountains

The Nilgiris ... Sanskrit for Blue Mountains ... contain some of the highest peaks in South India. These misty mounts covered with beautiful fine forests, giving it the namesake blue hue. Along with pines, the mounts covered with vast tea estates, coffee fields, and various temperate climate fruits and vegetables. It doesn't feel like India at all ... the weather is much cooler, the air is cleaner, and the people are... well, the people are the same. Mehh.

I'm going to take it easy in the Nilgiris. I feel like the previous days were very hectic, constantly changing routes, trains, and sleeping in bus stations. I'll follow the pace of the mountains... nice and slow. I'm staying near Ughadamandalam, or better known as Ooty. (For the Bollywood fans out there, this is where the song "Chal Chaiya Chaiya" from movie Dil Se was filmed). If all goes accordingly, I'll spend Christmas here ... surrounded by pines. Yay! Wow, never knew I'd miss pine trees so much.

Coorg is no longer on my travel plans... why? I think I'll save it for my next trip to India. I don't want to rush Coorg the way I rushed Kanyakumari. If life permits, I want to spend at least a month there. Ooty suffices for this trip.


share on: facebook

0 comments: