CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Choo-choo to Chennai


Claustrophobic? Howrah-Tiruchchirapali Express aint for you...


First of all, don't hate my very creative post titles <3 style="font-size:85%;">
O my gurd! What if i'm stuck with people that just stare out the window and pretend the endless scenery is just too precious to even make a single eye-contact with the fellow cabin members?? What if I'm stuck in the middle bed and some snorzillas sandwich me? Worst of all, what if I'm stuck with crates of chickens (yup, happened) ?... what if... what if..


But then the whole notion of kismet/naseeb/risq/fate fell upon me. There were six people in m cabin - five of whom where Bangladeshis! What were the odds of that! They were in couples, father-son and uncle-nephew, both going to Chennai for medical purposes. So came the bonding ... of cultural similarities, differences, my accent, their hometown, how Dhaka sux, how Indians are cheap, yada yada yada... most importantly, they were genuine people, guys that wholeheartedly appreciated my presence there. And I was satisfied, knowing that my background and knowledge truly helped them out.


share on: facebook

0 comments: