CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My o my! So Sore...

I’ll eventually stop with the senseless titles for my posts. Anywho, I was expecting to cover Mysore (in Karnataka) in one day. But no. I ended up staying in Mysore the longest – four friggin days! But no complaints. These were days well spent – good food, historical mansions, and most importantly – my Singaling amigos!! It was a great way to finish South India; Mysore was a meeting point of South and North India through trade and warfare. Whether it’s the royal Wodeyar mansions, Tipu Sultan’s mosques, or simply the finest silk in the South – Mysore had its charms. (However, the taxi drivers and the hostel managers were probably the worst …).
Above and below: Tipu Sultan's mosques.

Who was Tipu Sultan? Wikipedia it dammit!
Below: Dungeon where the Brits kept Tipu captive.


share on: facebook

0 comments: